Thursday, August 21, 2008

Please check your sanity at the door

WARNING: The following is merely a combination of racquetball and ranting, so if you have recently been questioning your own personal level of sanity or insanity, it might make you feel a bit better.

I have the Happy Birthday song from Beginning French stuck in my head: Bon Anniversaire, Gustave! Better that than the expletives that I remember from the last book I had to boycott. Come On! Is all of that language really necessary? However, it's easier to overlook when they are in french. Like my favorite book ever, is full of french expletives, but I didn't pick up on it until near the end. I was really in denial because I had to finish it. It was the The Three Muskateer saga if anyone wants to know. Quel age avez vous, Gustave?

I know I have had a series of plaintive posts, but I have just been in a funk. So don't read it if you don't like it. Would you like a cookie? Okay, so I have a curse. Several, in fact, but this one in particular has followed me since high school. I find something that annoys me about Thing 1. (not a reference to my oldest child) I complain about it to Thing 2. I get over it, and realize that nobody is perfect. Two months later, guess who can't make it on time to church? Thing me. Its always stupid stuff like the way people trim their azalea bushes, or leave their shoes all over the house, or let their kids run wild in church (ha, those are my kids). SO whatever affliction I find someone else has, I suddenly come down with it too. I hate learning to be nice by such force! The problem would go away if I were truly charitable which I am not (but desperately want to be). Charity. Can't I buy that on Amazon.com? Not even with Shrute bucks? IF only it were so easy to get the qualities I want, like the one where I don't act like Judge Judy?

Speaking of Dwight Shrute, Samuel was playing in their bedroom and was trying to show his piggy bank off, and pulled the whole shelf down. The contents of which were thus: 2 Piggy Banks holding $2 each (sad, i know), a wad of stuffed animals that I never could part with and slyly gave them to Sam, and two Troy State bobbleheads. I have never heard such crying in my life. Collin's poor bobblehead. Just kidding. Well, it was broke, as everyone says now, but Sam was the one who was distraught. That is all connected to Dwight Shrute because 1) all i can think of is him when i see a bobblehead, and 2) he has a mii on our wii.

I am putting off the dishes, the closet that I didn't finish yesterday, showering (due to extra kids at my casa), and cleaning the filters on my vacuum cleaner. I did make the most delicious pizza ever last night, and didn't clean up completely. Its hindering my lunch cooking abilities Sam always tells me that his legs made him do it. So I guess I will have to let my hands make me do it.

3 comments:

Windy said...

you are hilarious!!! I am also shirking my duties! Have fun with it cause I know I am! :) How is Sam doing with a full day of school now?

Griffiths said...

I think I have the same curse. Like kids trying to run to the stage during sacrament, throwing a tantrum in the middle of the grocery store, etc. etc. Those were always distractions with a little annoyance to me and now I am on the other end, we are the distraction.
Thanks for sharing your momma moments from one mother to another. It always makes me feel better. :)

Troy and Rebekah said...

You're post reminds me of a fabulous book I once read "the magic of ordinary days." Days filled with routine and chores but yet magical and wonderful all at the same time.
P.S. I love reading your posts! You make me laugh!