Sunday, November 15, 2009

For anyone who wants to know...

We are having a girl! (April 15th ish)

Responses from our dear children:

Cooper: In the car, way after the fact, "Mom, I don't want a girl."
Me: "Do you mean you don't want a sister?"
Cooper: "Yeah, Elizabeth is mean to me." About two months ago, his friend took his paintbrush. He isn't a grudge holder or anything.

About 11 hours later:

Me: "Cooper do you want to tell Sam what kind of baby we are getting?"
Cooper: "Yeah! Sam, we are getting a brother!"
Me: "No, actually it is a girl."
Sam: With the cutest little about-to-be tears in his eyes, "A sister? Really? A girl?" Followed by hugs and much happiness, as he has been begging me to produce a sister for him for the past 2 years.

Cooper is now happy about it, and Sam's reaction was priceless. Collin seems to think that we are nearing the finish line now that our collection is near completion. Hmmm. Ask me in about 3 years for an accurate, non-hormone influenced answer.

13 comments:

Griffiths said...

Congratulations!!! My oldest has been asking for a sister too. Hopefully someday we will have a girl.

The Phipps said...

I am so happy for ya'll!!! She will be the cutest little girl and she will have some great big brothers!!!

Carissa said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations!

Windy said...

YAY!!! Congrats! I'm so happy for ya'll! Sam's reaction sounds so sweet!

Megan and Kyle said...

I'm so excited for you!! It's definitely the season for girls!! Congrats!!

This Idaho Girl said...

That is fabulous news! Can't wait to go shopping for her!

Wanting What I Have said...

Didn't even know you were expecting!!! Congrats! So excited for you! GIRLS ROCK!!!

Allison (Alli-Cat:)) said...

Congratulations, Amanda! I am so excited for you. (scottnalli@hotmail.com)

Cheyenne said...

Congratulations! Girls are so sweet. I hope she's enough of a tomboy to satisfy Cooper and enough of a lady to keep them all civilized!

The Healthy Nutcase said...

Oh My goodness! I am so bummed to not be there to see you pregnant!! Man!!! Congrats you guys and a little girl!? Yay!!! I just love you to pieces Amanda and hope you guys are doing good!

MissManda-Mae said...

SO EXCITING AND SOOOO FUNNY!

Clan Andreasen said...

Congratulations! I'm sure Cooper will find that he really does want a sister once she arrives!

Camille said...

I just hopped over from J's blog ~ lovely to "meet" you! This post induced a comment from me since I read that you are having a girl after three boys! :) How very exciting!! AND ~ I know how very exciting since that is what we have too. Only I didn't know until she was born and I didn't believe them when they told me...I had to check! LOL...really, it's true. April is a wonderful time for a baby ~ our first two were born April 8 and April 14...

I'm sure we would have lots to talk about if we were to meet.

Have a wonderful last few months of your pregnancy ~ enjoy every minute of it all!

Blessings,
Camille