Friday, October 17, 2008

Fall Break Camping Trip

You might ask where is Sam on this fantastic vacation of ours? We sold him for some silver. No, he was either taking the pictures or running with the kids from the neighboring campsite. He is in many pics, but I am not willing to expose myself in such a way to the general public. Much to many's ridicule, we camped nearby at Blue Springs. We had never been together with the kids, and we had never used out tent, so it was a practice run. It worked out really well after I got done being mad about everything not being done my way.

Jacob was a superb camper he first day and a half. Then he stopped taking naps and serenaded the campers with his wailing. Sam is always happy to leave us. He informed me that the neighbor's campsite was cooler because they had a big truck and a trailer behind it. And a dog. Well, he will never think we are exciting if that is his criteria.

Cooper was obsessed with a stray cat, and wanted to know all about where it was going to drink milk from a bowl and see it's mommy. He has no fear and wandered wherever he wanted. Very glad we weren't right by the water.
My awesome cook of a husband is wearing my tee shirt. Why won't he wear my jeans? They are men's. Well, not those, but anyway, he cooked everything for us and I had never cooked a hot dog on a fire before. When you make a comment like that, people (Collin) think you know nothing about camping. Not true. I am an expert camper. I mean, I do know how to burn marshmallows.
And yes, that is Jacob sleeping outside of the tent. He loved it in and out. He did fuss some, that had everything to do with his tummy and not the camping. We had a great time, the weather was perfect, and our kids loved it. And it started with a fight. Sounds like a family vacation to me.

6 comments:

Windy said...

Wow! Ya'll are real troopers. You couldn't have paid me to do that with a baby! Way to go!

Kattelman Krew said...

Ahh, the great outdoors! Looks like fun, I love camping -just not the clean up afterwards :)

The Story of us said...

I'm glade that you had fun. I would love to go on a camping trip with my family.

~The Dippold's said...

I so want to go camping!! How fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful snap shops!!
Hope it was fun!!

MissManda-Mae said...

you are a camper extrodinair going with three little ones... good for you.. smart to do it close by as a practice run...!! and I love the part about being mad it wasn't getting done your way... that must be an amanda thing... lol! it's like i was reading my own blog... hahaha