Monday, June 22, 2009

Salt, please.

I like salt. However, my cereal tasted a little salty this morning. That I do not like. It reminded me of the time when I baked a Texas Sheet cake and served it to my family, a friend, and the missionaries. I followed the recipe, the cake turned looked fabulous! No sink holes or anything. (I am not a great cake baker)
I served it to those poor, unfortunate young men. They ate it. Luckily, the frosting was perfect, and was served with a scoop of ice cream. The original recipe called for 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt. I had written 4 Tablespoons when I copied it. So, you can imagine that it was rather like eating play dough. Sadly only one person mentioned it and it was far after everyone had finished theirs. Oh well, what's one more strike against my kitchen skills?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

why was your cereal salty? we all know how you are about your cereal, so i'm sure it was a minor crisis.

This Idaho Girl said...

That is awesome. Sounds like something I would've done. You'll have to make it up to the missionaries with something delicious.